Who are we?
Routes into Languages South West
Routes into Languages South West is a consortium of six universities in the South West working together to increase language study among young people and to widen participation in language study among under-represented groups:https://www.routesintolanguages.ac.uk/southwest
- is a French native who works for the language department of the University of Bristol.
- used to be a French assistant at Badminton school, St Bede’s Catholic College and Bedminster Down School.
- loves sharing her language and culture and is very keen on drama; she was stage manager for Le Barbier de Séville (University of Sheffield, 2010) and producer of Le mariage de Figaro (University of Bristol, 2011)
- expects that the festival will encourage pupils to regularly practise their French and that they will enjoy the benefits of knowing a foreign language in more ways than one
- is a French native who has been living in Bristol since 2005
- is a qualified teacher (CAPES, QTS) and has taught languages in primary and secondary schools, universities and for the Alliance Française
- runs "French through Drama" workshops (www.theatre-vo.com) in schools around the country as well as for adults. Twice a year, she produces and directs a show in accessible French created by her adult students in Bristol.